Skype is spreading like fire in the line of instant messengers. Skype is mainly used in the corporate world for its VOIP qualities. You can call any Skype to Skype worldwide and you can also call any landline or mobile. In the corporate world, keeping a history of everything is really very important. Skype does save the text chats locally on the computer but does not provide any way of voice recording so that we can also keep track of our voice conferences, chats etc.
Pistonsoft Skype Recorder is very good add-on of Skype that can serve the purpose of saving voice chats. Another benefit of Pistonsoft Skype Recorder is that in addition to giving an option to save the voice conversations locally, it also gives an option to save the conversations to Gmail directly. This is especially useful when you want an online backup to be available all the time.
This compact Skype call recorder offers the following useful features:
- Possibility to record Skype calls;
- Possibility to save Skype history locally and to your Gmail account as MP3 files;
- Secure transmission of your Skype history items to Google Mail via secure SSL connection;
- Automating labeling of Skype chat history entries in your inbox.
My wish list for the future versions of this software:
- It should support SMTP email service so that the recorded conversations can be saved to any email address other than Gmail.
- It should also support remote backup services for the voice recordings to be saved.
- It should support saving text chats in the same way as voice recordings.
Pistonsoft Skype Recorder can be downloaded from here.
Now to the main point, Pistonsoft is kind enough to giveaway 5 licenses of Skype Recorder to Technize users. So what you have to do for winning the free license of Skype Recorder?
All you have to do is comment on this article and give your views about technize.com and your personal review about Pistonsoft Skype Recorder. The five best commentors will be selected from the comments. Please note that this is a two step giveaway. In the first step, winners will be chosen from the comments and then announced in another article on 4th October 2010. The winners must comment on the winners page to get their licenses.
To follow and participate in further giveaway contests, you can subscribe to technize.com via email or RSS. To suggest or request a giveaway software, go to our giveaways forum. Also see this post for future giveaways that we have planned. You can also follow me on twitter @technize.