Are you asking yourself a question? How it is possible for you to easily avoid paper jams on your printer? If you are having HP Officejet 5600 series which is an All-in-One printer, you will be contended to know that it can handle a large number of paper types and sizes. All of these printers are designed in a manner which enables consistent and quiet services with a least amount of maintenance, but often paper gets jammed in the work of creating unwanted delays and leading you to costly servicing. Luckily, there are some exceedingly simple steps that you can take into account to prevent the problem of paper jams.
Instructions To Follow
The instructions are as under;
- First and foremost, you are required to remove the printer paper out from its original packing. Later on, insert all the papers that are unused into a re-seal-able, large bag. Make sure you are keeping the bag of unused papers on a flat, hard surface away from extremes of humidity and heat from preventing wrinkles, ripping, bending and curling which can further lead to paper jams.
- Secondly, you need to make sure that you have removed only the amount of paper you require for a particular job from the paper bag. You should be taping the paper stack on a hard as well as flat surface so that you can easily align all the edges. Check the papers for curls, bent, wrinkled and ripped edges. Discard and remove any unsatisfactory pages.
- You need to make sure that all the papers in the stack are of same type and size. It is important to make use of only those paper types and sizes that are recommended for HP printers. To check which paper type is best for your printer, you can browse through HP’s official portal to get this information.
- Ensure that your printer is not currently servicing any of the printing jobs. Remove all kinds of original paper away from the copier glass.
- Now, you need to insert the paper stack into the printer’s input tray, short edge forward. Slide the stack ahead until it stops. It is imperative to know that you should not force the paper stack beyond its stopping mark.
- Slide the papers inside with in the width dimensions till the time the paper are held snugly in to the input tray, but it should not be done tightly as otherwise it will bend the papers. Furthermore, you need to make sure that the stack does not extend higher as compared to the top of the paper width dimensions.
- You should not leave the printer unattended during the operation. Remove the printed pages promptly from the output tray.
Warnings and Tips
The paper may jam within your printer because the papers perhaps are not in the right place when the printer is servicing the cartridges. If you are going to push the papers at this point of time, it may result in a paper jam.
Make sure that papers are not stuck together as this is another reason which leads to the problem of a paper jam.
In addition, you should never print label on such sheets that are more than two years old. This is because the labels might peel off during the servicing leading to a paper jam.
Guest post by Nadine Myrick from Pass Certification looking for pass certification exam assistance? Let’s take benefit of pass certification self-paced Exin Certifications training material and clear your IT certification on first try.