At last the first service pack of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 has been released. Although it’s not the final version, the final version will be released somewhere in the first quarter of 2011. Let’s look at some of the features of Service Pack 1.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 RC will help you:
- Keep your PCs supported and up-to-date
- Get ongoing updates to the Windows 7 platform
- Easily deploy cumulative updates at a single time
- Meet your users’ demands for greater business mobility
- Provide a comprehensive set of virtualization innovations
- Provide an easier Service Pack deployment model for better IT efficiency
Please note that Service Pack 1 will only work on RTM versions of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. If you have a previous version of Windows 7 e.g, beta, then you must upgrade to RTM to install and use the service pack. You can also check out Complete list of hotfixes and security patches included in Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Also see important information to note before installing the service pack.
Download Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RC1 (x86 – for 32-bit OS) [514.68MB]
Download Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RC1 (x64 – for 64-bit OS) [865.38MB]