I recommend that every single Windows user should have the Recovery Console installed on their system startup. I wonder why Microsoft have not included it by default as it is very useful if Windows crashes and refuses to start. Anyways, you can install recovery console by yourself with the help of following steps:
- Insert the Windows CD in the CD ROM Drive.
- Click Start and then click Run.
- Type “D:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons” in the Run box without quotes. (where D is the CD ROM Drive)
. Click OK.
- Recovery Console Dialog will appear, select yes to install the recovery console on the startup.
- Restart and you will see the recovery console in your system startup.
Now you can easily solve the boot problems once your Windows machine gets into trouble and refuses to start.