Microsoft has pushed their latest Windows 7 Activation Update checker which checks whether Windows 7 is activated legally through Microsoft or it has been cracked using several activation methods. Installing this update creates a process that checks for activation method of the Windows every now and then to see if the Windows is legal.
Fortunately Microsoft has made it easy for the people who don’t want this update to uninstall it. If you haven’t downloaded and installed this update then you can disable it using the following method:
Block Windows 7 Activation Update KB971033
- Go to Start Menu and write Windows Update in the Start Menu Search
- Select Windows Update to go to Windows Update program
- Select Optional Updates
- Search for the update labeled “Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)”
- Right click it and select Hide Update
This will disable this update from automatically installing into your system.
Uninstall Windows 7 Activation Update KB971033
If you have already installed this update. Don’t worry! Let me tell you how to uninstall this update the safer way.
- Go to Control Panel –> Programs –> View installed Updates
- Search for “Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)”
- Right click it and select Uninstall.
- This will uninstall this activation update and you’ll be able to use your Windows 7 without any overloads from Microsoft 🙂
If there is any problem in this method, kindly let me know through comments.