I use some programs so frequently that it seems to be a lot of time wastage to go to the start menu and find the program I need and then start it. Apart from my previous Run Command tweak to run every program from the Run menu, LaunchOnFly is a handy software which is an alternative to the start menu. Its benefits over the start menu include:
- You can open your application or folder with a single click.
- LaunchOnFly doesn’t use any screen space until you need it. It’s invisible until you command it to get visible.
- It’s really easy to use.
There are multiple ways to open the LaunchOnFly menu .. use which ever you are comfortable with.
- You can open the menu with the middle mouse button.
- You can drag you mouse to the top left corner of your screen.
- You can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-A to open the menu.
- Left click the status bar icon of LaunchOnfly.
- Most of all it’s a freeware.
You can configure all these shortcut options through the settings.
If you want to add a new item in the LaunchOnFly menu, simply right click the item (may it be the application, a file or a folder) –> Send To –> LaunchOnFly. And your new item will be available in the menu.
You can further configure LaunchOnFly by right click the status bar icon and going to settings.
If the above link is not working, please check this link.