Although I’m not a book worm, it’s always my dream to download all latest technology books and keep them in my catalog. I can’t buy all of the books so I prefer having free ebooks rather than having to pay for them. Google Books is one place where I can find most of the books I’m looking for and I can atleast read some of the book’s contents without paying. But I want the book to be offline so that I may be able to read the books when I’m offline.
Today I found Google Book Downloader which is a solution to my problem. Google Books Downloader is a free software which downloads full ebooks from Google Books and save them to your local system as a PDF file which can later be opened with your PDF reader.
It requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1
It’s basic usage is as follows:
- Run application.
- Go to Google Books and find the book you want to download.
- Find the code of the book (in the URL)
Example: This is the URL of Windows Vista for Dummies. You can find the book code highlighted in the URL:
- Paste the book code of the book you want to download in Google Book Downloader.
- Press “Check” button. Book will be checked and all available pages will be retrieved.
- Press “Download entire book” button. All available pages will be downloaded. It can take a while.
- Press “Save entire book as…” button. All downloaded pages will be saved. It can take a while.