Most of the times it’s very crucial to block access to the removable media across the network. Network administrators have to go to each machine and block access to the USB ports. It’s really very annoying to go to each computer when there are a lot of computers.
USB Blocker is a freeware software which does this perfectly. It can integrate into the active directory seamlessly and block the USB ports of the connected computers very easily. No need to install anything on the client computers. USB Blocker works with the built-in functions of the Active Directory to get the work done.
You can also choose if you want to exclude any computers.
Some of the features are as follows:
- Seamlessly integrates with Active Directory.
- Requires no client deployment (no agents).
- Fully centralized management.
- Very simple to use, no monster tools and long learning curves.
Managed client computers: Windows XP or higher
The program can be installed on the following configuration:
1) Windows 2000 or higher
2) .Net Framework 2.0
3) Group Policy Management Console (GPMC)
4) Active Directory Native Mode
1) Install the program on any computer in the managed domain (not necessarily a domain controller).
2) Disable or enable USB devices by selecting the desired option.
3) Specify the name of the domain (e.g. ACME, or ACME.com).
4) Optionally specify the list of computers to exclude from USB port blocking. The file with list must contain NETBIOS computer names, one name per line.
5) Click OK. This creates a Group Policy setting that gets applied to all computers in the managed domain during their next reboot.