The new version of Advanced SystemCare, a popular system maintenance and PC care tool, has been released. Now it is Advanced SystemCare 4. There are two versions, free and Pro. Although I also use TuneUp Utilities 2010 but Advanced SystemCare has always been my choice among the free system maintenance tools. Advanced SystemCare Free provides me with all the basic system maintenance tools which a home user needs. Let’s look at some of the features of Advanced SystemCare Free 4.
The home screen is very easy to understand and use. There are four options, Quick Care, Deep Care, Turbo Boost and Toolbox. A summary of the last cleaning is also given on the home screen. You can also see the status of each component as on or off.
The following components are present for fixing problems in the PC:
- Malware Scan can serve as a basic defense from spyware, adware and malware.
- Registry Fix can clean and optimize the registry to make is faster and improving the overall performance of the system.
- System Optimization option alters different system settings so that the system performs well under different conditions. You can optimize the computer for daily use, top performance, office use or server usage. You can also optimize your network settings which will make network communication and internet performance faster.
- Shortcut Fix will scan for invalid shortcuts and remove all of them.
- Privacy Sweep will remove all the history from the computer.
- Junk Files Clean cleans up junk and temporary files.
- Passive Defense prevents spyware and malware from being installed in the computer.
- Disk Scan is an alternative to Windows Check Disk and can scan and fix hard disk errors.
- Vulnerability Fix will scan your computer for vulnerabilities and attempt to download their patches where applicable.
- Disk Defragment can defrag the PC to improve overall performance of the system.
There are two options to run all these tools. If you don’t have time, you can run a Quick Care which takes about one minute or you can also run Deep Care in order to run full scans of all the tools. Deep Care takes about 5 minutes.
You can also use Turbo Boost which will increase the overall PC performance. Here are the options that are optimized by Turbo Boost. The following services will be disabled.
- Disable application compatibility cache
- Disable Windows Update
- Disable Keyboard hotkeys
- Disable printer support
- Disable tablet input support
- Disable scanner and DC support
It will also give you an option to disable some background applications which automatically run with Windows. Although not recommended if you have a dedicated graphics card installed in your PC, Turbo Boost can disable the themes which will turn your UI (User Interface) to basic.
The Toolbox contains 20+ useful tools to optimize, repair, security and control of the system. Some of the tools include:
- Registery Cleaner (Pro only)
- Privacy Sweeper
- IOBit Uninstaller
- Disk Cleaner
- Smart RAM
- Internet Booster (Pro only)
- Startup Manager
- Registry Defrag (Pro only)
- Smart Defrag
- Game Booster
- Shortcut Fixer
- Disk Doctor
- Win Fix
- IE Helper
- Security Holes Scanner
- Process Manager
- Driver Manager
- IObit Security 360
- Cloned Files Scanner (Pro only)
- Disk Explorer
- System Information Tool
- Empty Folder Scanner
- System Control
There are only two skin packs available to free users, there are a lots of other skin packs available to Pro users. Advanced SystemCare Pro also includes automated care when PC is idle, scheduled PC care, automated privacy sweet, full malware and spyware removal, additional skin packs, fast automatic updates and free technical support. Advanced SystemCare Free 4 can be downloaded from below:
Download Advanced SystemCare Free 4
You can also download Advanced SystemCare Pro 4 trial.