Those who have a large collection of movies or videos with them have a hard time organizing all the video stuff. It happens to me too. I usually download videos from the internet and copy all the movies to my hard drive after purchasing the DVD ROM so that I may be able to watch the movie whenever I want. Since I have a large hard drive, I don’t have any problem with the space. The only problem I have is organizing my large collection of videos and movies.
A few days back Smirnov from Bolidesoft mailed me about their product about organizing movies. I was very excited to test it as I was in desperate need of it. Let’s look at some of its features first.
All My Movies is a personal movie database which is quite efficient in organizing your movie and video collection. It can be used to catalogue your personal collection of videos (AVI, MKV and other) Blu-rays, DVDs, CDs, VHS tapes, etc. The good thing about All My Movies is that it can automatically fill in the description of the videos which it downloads from internet movie database.
A detailed feature list of All My Movies:
- Easily import movie details from internet movie databases available in various languages. Additional internet movie databases are supported with the plugins for All My Movies
- Extended cast details. Automatic lookup for actor photos, birthdays, filmography and biography.
- TV Series support. Auto filling episode title and descriptions.
- Ability to print collection using any existing report. Or you can create your own report with the built-in report editor.
- Ability to add DVD/Blu-ray using UPC/EAN barcodes. Just enter (or scan with a special scanner) barcode numbers and All My Movies™ downloads all the rest of the information automatically. Cheap CueCat barcode scanners are fully supported.
- Large cover image and movie posters import from internet databases like Amazon.com and DVDEmpire.com
- Ability to save your collection to mobile devices like PDA or smartphone
- Supports DACAL DC-300 CD Library II device
- Able to generate images with movie details for several hardware media players like Tvix or Dune
- Ability to play movies directly from the program. Can be used as video playlister
- Third party plug-ins supported. There are plugins for movie details import from Ant Movie Catalog and MovieTrack software
- Import DVD/Blu-ray catalog from other formats (CSV text format, MS Excel files and AMC (Ant Movie Catalog) files). Easy migrating
- Clear overview of your video inventory with nice collection statistics
- Skinnable user interface. You can use standard Windows XP themes as skins
- Capture stills directly from DVDs or AVI files and add them to the movie database to help you remember the movie.
- Fast movie search using any of the database fields – title, director, year, cast of movie, genre, description, movie synopsis, etc
- Export your video collection to PDF, HTML (several templates are available or you can create your own) , plain text, CHM or Microsoft Excel format, so you can place it on your home web page or import into some other software
- Password protect your movie database
- An easy way to share your movie database with friends. Impress them!
- MediaInfo.DLL support for reading technical details from video files
- Multilevel automatic backup option – you will never lose your collection!
- Easy to use loan manager
Bolidesoft is giving away 5 free licenses worth $59.95. Just refer 5 people to this article and comment about the software and you’ll get a fair chance to take the All My Movies for free 🙂
Download All My Movies