Some Program mostly viruses put your system to shutdown without your intension. This program gives you the chance to prevent such a shutdown. Just run the program and it will monitor any event shutdown/Restart/Standby/Hibernate/Log off called by some program. On detecting such an event it gives a chance for you to confirm that you intentionally want to shutdown your PC.
Shutdown Stopper has the following features
- Prompt and block shutdown, restart and logoff events
- Prompt and block standby and hibernate events (excluding Vista)
- Log shutdown and start up events
- Complete block shutdown without prompting
- Issue shutdown events including force shutdown
Windows 2000/XP/2003. Works on Vista but standby/hibernation blocking and always-block not available.
Works under Windows 95/98/ME, but some applications may close before shutdown stopper blocks event.
May also work on Windows 7.
This software can not block a forced shutdown/restart/logoff/standby/hibernate events.